Osprey Aura AG 65
The 2018 Osprey Aura AG 65 is the newest in a long line of backpacks in the series. This newest version offers advanced adjustments that not only streamline the pack for easier use but also make the design sleeker. This ensures the pack loses the bulky feel some of the previous models sported while keeping all the design choices consumers enjoyed intact. In this review, we will discuss the new additions, as well as the tried and tested design that has made Osprey one of the most well-known names in backpacking equipment. Read on to decide if this is the pack you’ve been waiting for.
- Adjustable anti-gravity suspension system featuring breathable mesh
- Above quality workmanship and materials
- Adjustable hip belt
- Simplified features
- Load Lifter Bars
- The weight of this newest version is more than previous ones and is noticeable when carrying at capacity or on long journeys.
- Heavy loads cause hip belt discomfort
- In my opinion, this is the best bag for women. And you can't go wrong with the lifetime warranty. I shopped around for a little bit but by far Osprey Aura AG 65 is the best.
- This bag is exactly what I was looking for and the delivery came super fast. this bag is perfect for long backpacking trips.
- Because it has Superior technology I finally can go on extended hikes. I can't stop raving about it.
- I compared mini backpacks and this one was the most comfortable. I could barely feel the weight of the bag because of the antigravity setup. I love all of the pockets it helps me keep everything organized.
- I borrowed my sister's bag first before buying my own. Even though I haven't used mine yet if it's anything like my sister's it will be great. It makes carrying 50 lbs of all my stuff not an issue.
- As a new backpacker I knew I have to spend money on a good backpack. I tried several different backpacks before choosing be Osprey Aura AG 65. price was a little shocking at first but I'm thankful that I found this backpack on sale. I like how the hip belt wraps around.
- I got my aura for a backpacking trip in Hawaii. So far I love the fit and I got the small size. Love that it' feminine and love the color.
- I am in love with this backpack. and the antigravity system is genius. It has room for everything in this pack.
- I've only taken this pack on two trips so far but it is amazing.
- I bought this pack for my wife for a birthday gift and she says it's perfect. She said she loves the fit and the color and I love that it's a quality brand.
- I recommend that anyone thinking of purchasing this backpack that they try it on wear size at a local retailer. Because I did that mypack is a perfect size. I intend to go backpacking, camping and hiking with this pack.
- Everything in my backpack fits just fine. it's an amazing backpack. Osprey brand is very popular and that speaks volumes.
- I purchase a small that since I am 135 lb and 5 foot 5. I took it to Thailand and everything was great. This pack kept everything organized. I would have gone crazy if I didn't have it.
- In terms of size, you can't go wrong if you go in to try the backpack on. Great backpack!
- I tried on another brand before purchasing this one. Love, love. love this backpack.
- I love everything about this backpack. I can't think of anything that I don't like. I would advise you take time to get to know your bag. Once you do you will love it too.
- This backpack is really comfortable, breathable and I love how it fits around my hip and waist area.
- This backpack is awesome. It fits so much of my stuff and it didn't appear to be too heavy. I would highly recommend this backpack.
- I've grown to respect the brand so of course the backpack is great. I highly recommend this bag. Able to fit a ton of stuff in it.
- I learned that a ton of stuff can fit in the bag. It feels like it is well made.
The addition of the newly designed hip belt offers an upgrade in comfort from previous versions as the stiffness from before is no longer an issue. Unfortunately, with heavy loads the hip belt can present some discomfort when it comes to hoisting the bag.
The mesh shoulder straps, made with the same breathable technology, allows this bag to easily sit on a woman’s shoulders while she carries the equipment needed to face the world. These new, wider, straps are geared for comfort and made to contour to a woman’s body.
The main body features openings at both the top and bottom for easy access. The bottom compartment is mostly intended for sleeping bags and is able to compress the bag down with its internal compressor. This allows you to keep your sleeping equipment separated from other things inside your bag. The top of this compartment cinches closed and features the addition of a flap when covering is necessary.
The outer mesh pocket has a unique design that many find themselves loving. When in need, the pocket can stretch to hold quite a bit of gear. When not being used, this pocket snuggly fits against the bag keeping it from harm.
The two zippered pockets are designed to keep personal items such as identification and small hygiene products tucked away safely. For an outdoor enthusiast, these sizable pockets are a great addition to keep important items tucked away safely while enjoying the outdoors.
A stow-on-the-go trekking pole is a great tool when taking off on a hike. This system is designed to quickly attach the needed trekking poles while wearing the pack or moving throughout a tough terrain. When not in use, these poles are hidden away allowing you to easily carry your bag without issues.
The upper and lower side compression straps are engineered to reduce the bulk of the Aura and stabilizing the loads that backpackers carry. This ensures the Aura AG 65 has great weight distribution and carrying comfort.
Comparison to Other Brands
The weight of the Aura AG 65 can be beaten by other Osprey brands such as the Eja 58, but the Aura offers more features and in many consumer’s opinions a more comfortable fit. Although the Aura AG 65 isn’t the heaviest pack on the market, it is possible to find a lighter pack.
When it comes to features, the Aura AG 65 out ranks many bags on the market. With its adjustable harness, top and bottom access, and storage capabilities, the Aura offers women most of the features they are looking for in a long trek pack.
Pockets and Attachments
The Aura offers many options for attachments. The removable compression straps that run underneath are great for attaching sleeping pads or other similar items. There are also two loops that allow for the addition of poles, ice axes, or other equipment you may need on your trek. These loops come equipped with small pockets to store them in when not in use. This feature ensures your loops don’t catch when hiking which could cause damage to your pack.