Osprey Volt 60 One
Those who are new to backpacking or hiking may find it difficult to find the right bag for their journeys. Even the seasoned pros have issues finding a pack that has the right features, a great fit, and is comfortable to wear on both quick trips and weekend excursions. Luckily, the Osprey Volt 60 may be the answer to all these issues. The Volt 60 is one of the most well-rounded backpacks on the market today. Osprey has long been considered a leader in the world of making backpacks. The Volt 60 is one of Osprey’s leading designs. This pack has everything you need without all the extra bells and whistles some backpackers feel can weigh down a great bag.
In this review, we’ll be going over all the features of the Osprey Volt 60 including the comfortable fit, the materials it’s crafted from, the versatility, the best uses for this bag, and especially the very affordable pricing. This will help you decide whether the Osprey Volt 60 is the backpack you’ve been looking for, all while explaining the criteria you should be considering when purchasing a new backpack for your outdoor adventures.
- Reasonable Price
- Great Features
- Lack of decent suspension
- Not suited for taller individuals
- Items are hard to access when the lid is fully packed
- No special features
- This is an excellent streamlined alternative to Osprey's usual backpack models.
- The simplified design does not sacrifice Osprey quality in materials and construction.
- This pack is comfortable enough to wear on long hikes or for extensive travel.
- From SE Asian jungles to Pacific coast mountains, buyers have been pleased with its performance in different terrain.
- It is streamlined to reduce the weight, but it still has all of the necessary features a good backpack should have.
- Buyers say they can comfortably carry up to 30-35 pounds.
- Osprey's great warranty is applied to this backpack as well.
- The hip belt works well in transferring the load-bearing weight off of shoulders.
- The hip belt is easily adjustable, and buyers note it is made to fit a wide range of sizes.
- The reasonable price makes trying this backpack worth it.
- Having an easily accessible hydration sleeve is convenient.
- The dual compression straps help reduce the size of the pack when needed.
- Buyers have been able to take this backpack on flights as a carry-on.
- The colors are crisp and overall the backpack looks good without being too flashy.
- When packed well, this backpack distributes weight very comfortably.
- Reviewers note that their Volt 60s have lasted through years of extensive travels and still look and perform like new.
- The back panel is not as breathable as other, similarly-sized backpacks.
- The bottom compartment is a bit snug.
- The tall, narrow design makes it difficult to get this backpack to stand upright on its own.
- The waist belt adjusts easily, but is too big for people with narrow frames.
- On overgrown trails with a lot of heavy brush, it's easy for the side mesh pockets to get caught on branches.
- The narrowness of the backpack requires some careful planning when packing in order to get the most out of the space.
- It does not come with a rain cover.
- Some reviewers have had trouble with the tool loops. They don't hold some tools securely enough.
- A few reviewers claim the shoulder straps are underpadded.
- The waist belt pockets can be tricky to open and close.
- If it is clumsily packed with extra weight, the backpack can feel unstable.
- The narrow design makes it slightly more difficult to access side pockets with the backpack on.
- Unlike some other Osprey backpacks, the top cover is not designed to double as a small waist pack.
The Osprey Volt 60 offers a top-loading design that many find themselves fond of. With the largest compartment of your backpack easily accessible, reaching your gear, clean clothes, and other essentials are much easier.
The sleeping bag compartment is a great feature that you’ll find in many of Osprey’s bags. This feature allows for a full-size sleeping bag to be carried for overnight camping trips or weekend stays. This roomy bag may not be the largest on the market but with this compartment, you still have the ability to carry quite a bit of gear. This compartment also comes with a zipper to easily access your sleeping bag without the need to remove all your other items before doing so.
Many backpackers like to carry a sleeping bag pad for extra comfort. Another feature of the Volt 60 is the sleeping pad straps that allows for easy attachment of your accessory.
For those who find themselves lovers of the cooler climates, the Osprey Volt 60 also comes equipped with ice ax loops. Having your most needed ice trekking equipment easily accessible makes these kinds of backpacking adventures more fun for the right adventurers.
Pockets and Attachments
On the outside of the bag, you’ll find an external mesh pocket made of stretch material. This pocket is great in size and offers a safe storage place for things such as wet clothing or the extras you want to use when taking a break and enjoying the scenery.
One of the most noticeable pockets of the Osprey Volt 60 is the beavertail pocket. This is a great place to store a wet rain jacket after a rainy day or a pair of flip-flops or water shoes when you’ve spent the day out and about enjoying yourself.
The Volt 60 is considered a one size fits all pack. This means it easily adjusts to fit any body type with the help of the adjustable shoulder straps and hip belt. The shoulder straps, or yolk, of the Volt 60 have several different adjustments that can be made, but in most cases, a person of above average height may find themselves having issues with the fit of the bag.
One of the biggest advantages of the Volt 60 is the adjustable shoulder straps. Although this has been mentioned when speaking about the design of this particular backpack, it's also important to note the role it plays when it comes to size. With several gaps for the shoulder straps to pass through, you’ll find this bag easily adjusts to almost any size needed.
Ease of Use
The Volt 60 is one of the best backpacks available for those who find themselves newly venturing into the world of backpacking and hiking. This bag is easy to pack, lightweight, and offers a degree of comfort one wouldn’t expect. This makes it a great choice for anyone new to exploring the outside world.