Arc’teryx Atom LT Hoody
The Arc’teryx Atom LT Hoody for men is meant to be a mid-layer garment for added warmth without adding extra weight. It can be used as an outer layer over a light shirt or sweater when the precipitation is light or non-existent for a lighter covering in mild weather. This excellent item features an interior chest pocket, a front full zipper, a sturdy wind flap, and two hand-warming pockets. It is insulated, wind-resistant, water-resistant, lightweight, compressible, and breathable. This incredible model is offered in eighteen bold and bright colors to match any outerwear wardrobe and style. This latest style not only has a drawcord on the hem to adjust the fit, but it also has one on the hood as well. The durable hood is insulated and helmet compatible when you are active in your favorite winter sports. Even though the Atom LT is not weather-proof, it has been treated with Durable Water Resistant (DWR) to make it resistant to wind, eliminate moisture, and increase its longevity. One incredible quality of this outstanding hoody is that it is highly compressible. The filling is synthetic, so it can be folded or rolled into a tiny space. It can even be folded into itself in a pocket, the hood, or a sleeve. If space and weight are factors important to you, then the Arc’teryx Atom LT Hoody may be just the perfect mid-layer for you. Let’s now take a look at these features in greater detail.
- Is compressible and filler will not bunch up
- Can be stored in its very own pocket, sleeve, or hood
- Lightweight, insulated, breathable, and compressible
- Treated with DWR for longevity and durability
- Resistant to wind and precipitation
- The arms, torso, and hood have Coreloft insulation
- StormHood is helmet compatible and insulated
- Offered in eighteen various bold and bright colors
- Not waterproof but is water-resistant
- Pockets for the hands are tall rather than wide -may be hard to fit some hands
- The vast majority of reviewers are satisfied with the quality and performance of this jacket.
- The material is soft and flexible.
- The lightness of the material does not detract from the warmth it provides.
- This jacket works well as a top layer or as an insulating mid-layer.
- It is warm yet breathable. You can use it lounging around in cool weather or during heavy activity such as skiing or hiking.
- The elastic on the wrists is comfortable and functional helping to keep warmth in.
- It packs down well making this excellent for backpacking, camping, and travel.
- With the right size, it won't restrict movement.
- It has an athletic fit without any extra bulkiness.
- Even after lots of use, this jacket won't look worn down or faded.
- Reviewers like wearing this jacket for downhill and cross country skiing, hiking, camping, climbing, travel, and around town.
- Cinching on the hood allows you to maintain good peripheral vision.
- Many reviewers claim this provides decent protection from wind.
- You can comfortably wear gloves over or under the sleeves.
- The material moves naturally with your body.
- The materials and craftsmanship live up to Arc'teryx standards.
- This jacket provides some protection from light precipitation.
- The material is durable but susceptible to tears if snagged on sharp branches or rocks.
- Cinching on the hood allows wind in.
- Although it packs down well, it does not come with a stuff sack.
- There is some praise for the wind protection it offers, but some reviewers are not satisfied.
- This jacket can handle a short drizzle, but the water resistance is limited.
- The material doesn't dry quickly after being soaked.
- It is sold out from some sellers.
- The front pockets are a little shallow.
- The fit and sizes are not ideal for taller or larger than average men.
- The lining of the pockets can make a slight crinkle sound.
- You must be extra careful wearing this around open fire since the material can easily be damaged from a small spark.
- Sizes run a little larger than usual Arc'teryx jacket sizes.
Also read about best down pants
-Will not bunch when it gets wet like down
-Does not trap heat on the inside or get too warm
-Packs into a small space because it is compressible
-Can be folded into its own sleeve, pocket, or the hood
-Drawcord along the hem is adjustable and form-fitting
-Has an interior chest pocket for small carry items
-Lightweight, windproof, breathable, insulated, and compressible
-Features two warm hand pockets on the exterior front
-Treated with DWR to eliminate moisture and be long-lasting
-The arms, torso, and hood are insulated for added warmth
-Use for an outer layer or mid-layer according to weather conditions
-StormHood is helmet compatible and insulated