Adidas Terrex Swift Solo
adidas Sport Performance Men’s Terrex Solo Sneakers, Blue, 12 MThere are a lot of things that climbers should keep an eye on when shopping around for a pair of shoes to wear while scaling mountains. You want to make sure that you get something that is comfortable, but you also want to purchase something that will still allow you to really connect to the mountain. This model is perfect for taking climbing, but its design and the materials used also makes it a great shoe for taking to the gym for weightlifting.
It has a lot of features that make it the perfect shoe to wear on the hike up to the mountain, as well as really gripping into the rock as you climb up the mountain as well. Most climbing shoes utilize a type of rubber called Vibram, which is generally a little more forgiving and flexible. The Swift Solo, on the other hand, uses stealth. This type of rubber is just a little bit more rigid, which some climbers might find to be a better material when it comes to various types of engaging outdoor activities. No matter where you want to go, this is going to be a pair of shoes that are going to help you get there as easily and safely as possible.
- Utilizes STEALTH material for the sole, perfect for precision climbing and is a little ‘slicky’ to help generate traction
- Users find that there really is no ‘break-in’ time- they fit great right out of the box
- After extended use, the materials are resilient according to many past users
- Top sole is breathable, yet is still pretty stiff and rigid
- Despite the sole being incredibly thin to promote efficient climbing, the middle offers a great deal of shock absorption so you won’t get overly tired while walking on mountain trails
- Some users feel that they are a little bit too wide (which could be a pro for those with wide feet)
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t offer any arch support
- Users have discovered that they tend to run a little bit small- they recommend that you purchase a half size bigger to ensure that you get a good fit
- Some users are surprised at how stiff the sole and top sole is. If you purchase this design- be prepared for them to fit a little stiff.
- It is a little more expensive than some of the other climbing shoes that are currently on the market
- Got these shoes for walking and day hikes. These are seriously heavy duty shoes and meant to last. These are just as lightweight and sturdy as any trail boot. Well made and look great.
- The Swift Solos are very comfortable even having them on for hours. I am buying another pair for sure. These are the best sneakers I have ever bought. They have a somewhat minimalist feel which I like. Not tons of cushion.
- I've only had these for a week or so but I love them already. I use these shoes for mountain biking to work. They are nice and light. My other shoes were too heavy. A bit pricey.
- Easy to take on and off. Great shoe for walking the dog, raking leaves or just going to work and I like that they are lightweight. Would buy again.
- Adidas Terrex Swift Solo is a great shoe. They fit like other Adidas, very comfortable. They hold up with months of use so far. These are my go-to shoes and I wear them every day. Didn't need to break them in.
- These shoes are awesome on wet rocks and trails with lots of rocks. I love these shoes. They could use more cushioning in the heel area.
- I love wearing these shoes. So comfortable and lightweight. Designed well and are my day to day shoes.
- It's been three years since I started wearing these shoes. They are my favorite and I am on my third pair. Expensive but worth the money.
- He loves them. Got these for my son and he says they are very comfortable. He likes their grip. I bought his normal size and they had a little room.
- These shoes fit great and I have flat feet. Well made too. I mountain biked two miles in these and walked up and down hills. My feet felt stable and secure. The grip is great too. Keeps debris out.
- These shoes were certainly made with a purpose. I was going to buy a snow boot but these shoes changed my mind. I used them on muddy terrain, trails, in the rain and they work fine.
- What's not to like. These shoes are comfortable and built to last years of abuse.
- On my feet, in these, all day and they are so dang comfortable.
- Although I didn't get the color that I ordered, I ended up keeping them because my wife liked them. After wearing them I can say that these are the most sold shoes put out my Adidas.
- Great for the road. These shoes are extremely durable.
- Cleans up well and love the fit. They can take a beating.
- This shoe has great grip and is durable. I order a half size bigger and they fit just right.
- I highly recommend these shoes to wear in rain and on slick surfaces. Great everyday shoes. Well made.
- I think they are ok trails shoes but I like them more for wearing every day. A little pricey.
- My husband loves his Adidas Terrex Swift Solos.
- Runs small for some buyers
- Lacked the support that some buyers were expecting
- Too rigid and stiff for some buyers
For a shoe that is designed for climbing and really being able to dig your foot into the side of the mountain, the midsole offers superior shock absorption, which is something that you don’t find in a lot of climbing shoes.
Many past users have raved that this design was able to hold up to many trips to the mountain without wearing out a quickly as some other designs have a tendency to do. This is high durability is due in part because the top sole is constructed from one solid piece of EVA and mesh, meaning there are fewer seam lines where tearing can occur due to overuse.
Also, the climbing zone located at the toe of the shoe will give you a little bit of added protection when you are shimmying into tight spaces on a difficult climb. There is also a braking feature of the heel of the foot that will allow you to lean back on your heel to slow a slide.
Due to the sticky sole, it can even execute a firm grip on surfaces that are wet and slippery- something even the toughest mountain boots can’t even do. Additionally, due to the fact that they sport such a low profile with a superior grip- they would even be perfect to take to the gym while you are weightlifting.
Sticky, tacky STEALTH rubber sole is excellent at gripping the earth without the need for thick treads
Bottom to shoe offers a braking system on the heel as well as a smooth climbing zone at the tip of the toe.
Fits like a glove while still keeping your foot protected with a harder outer shell
The STEALTH rubber sole it what makes this design stand out from the rest. This type of rubber is known within the climbing community for being incredibly durable, and the perfect type of rubber to be used for edging. What’s really great about this design is that they can be used for just about anything- hiking, climbing, mountain biking, weightlifting, or just doing some shopping at a farmers market. If you can get over the original price tag, you will likely not need to buy another pair for quite some time, no matter how much you beat them up out on the mountain. The Adidas Swift Solo offers a shoe that looks really good, has excellent traction, is made from high-quality materials, and is incredibly versatile.