Black Diamond Mercury Mitts
The Black Diamond Mercury Mitts Cold Weather Mittens are made of a four-way stretch outer shell of Pretext Shield and include an insulated and removable liner with high-loft fleece. The soft flexible palm is made of goatskin to give the durability and ruggedness needed in an outdoor mitt. The lining is constructed of durable polyester fabric and has a split-finger for added dexterity. This liner can be taken out to dry, as it is waterproof and attached to the mitt with Velcro. The mitt itself is filled with Primaloft insulation to make them some of the warmest mitten you will ever own. They are ideal for freezing temperatures, heavy snow, and high winds. Those with lower blood pressure or normally cold hands in wintertime will be surprised and pleased with these mittens that will keep them toasty warm outdoors. Even though they are mittens, you still have a good range of motion and capabilities in doing outdoor chores and tasks and even participating in sports. They are perfect for use during skiing, mountaineering, and snowboarding to keep the hands very warm and dry. Even if you are just outside to shovel snow, the Mercury Mitts do an excellent job of keeping the extremities toasty. There are wrist pulls and large gauntlets to cover jacket and coat sleeve endings and cut off the cold, wind, and snow from entering the sleeves. Straps to attach to a lanyard for keeping up with these mitts are included, which is ideal, especially on ski lifts. These mitts are so roomy that handwarmer packets can be used to warm the hands even more. Lightweight and resistant to scrapes and abrasions, this Black Diamond product will give your hands the outstanding protection they need this winter. In this beneficial review, we explore in greater detail the listed features and qualities of these Mercury Mitts from Black Diamond.
- Good for people with poor hand circulation and low blood pressure
- Are abrasion-resistant, long-lasting, rugged, and lightweight
- Has a four-way stretch shell of Pretext Shield
- Liner attaches with Velcro and can be removed for drying
- Are roomy enough to allow hand warmer packs
- Has a good range of motion for snow chores and duties
- Liner is removable and insulated with high-loft fleece
- Keeps the user warm even in below zero temperatures
- Leather palm increases the durability for hard use
- Great for snow sports, mountaineering, and use year-round
- Just the liners are waterproof and not the outer material
- Can be bulky for some outdoor activities
- There is a lot of high praise for these Mitts from people who struggle with cold hands.
- These have performed well in cold weather hikes, snowshoeing, snow shoveling, skiing, and other activities.
- Buyers have used these at high altitudes and were impressed by the warmth they provided.
- The liner is soft and comfortable.
- The liner design has the option of having your index finger separated or together with other fingers.
- The high quality construction and stitching is made to last.
- Many buyers agree that these outperform other winter mitten designs.
- The price is lower than other, similar mitts from different brands.
- These have stood up to to zero degree temperatures and even lower wind chill for many reviewers.
- The liner is removable.
- After a little break-in time, the flexibility and fit improves.
- The length reaches over coat sleeves for extra warmth and protection.
- The material on the fingertips and palm provide a good amount of grip.
- Despite the thick insulation, these are designed to not interfere with using ski or hiking poles.
- Buyers who suffer from cold hands due to poor circulation are impressed by these mitts.
- Sizing is small. Most buyers have had to go up a size or two.
- Due to the thick insulation, these mitts are bulky.
- There are no straps to secure the mittens when they are off.
- These are a bit clumsy and lack the dexterity of gloves.
- It may take some break-in time to get through the initial stiffness.
- These mitts can lead to sweaty hands when active in temperatures in the upper 30s or higher.
- Some buyers are not impressed by the changes Black Diamond has made from their earlier mitten designs.
- Having a separated index finger in the liner decreases the warmth.
- Although less expensive than some other winter mitts, the price is still a bit steep.
- If not sized to fit correctly, some fingers may feel squeezed which will decrease the warmth.
- The liner wears out faster than the outer mitt.
- Reviewers have not been able to find replacement liners from Black Diamond.
-Has large gauntlets to go over a jacket or coat cuffs
-Includes durable straps for attaching a lanyard
-Liner is removable and insulated with high-loft fleece
-Features a split finger for enhanced dexterity in the liner
-The shell is nylon and spandex with a palm of goatskin
-Is 100% waterproof with the dry insert stays and liner
-Inserts give protection from moisture even if used alone