SOG Trident Folding Pocket Knife
The SOG Trident Folding Pocket Tactical Knife is constructed of AUS-8 stainless steel, tough titanium-nitride, and glass-reinforced nylon (GRN). Used for survival, hiking, camping, backpacking, hunting, fishing, industrial, tactical, emergencies, and everyday use, it is perfect to utilize anywhere and anytime. The grip is military-style with an ambidextrous design. Open it easily with just one hand with the super-fast spring-assisted aspect. Resistant to peeling and scratches, it is 4.75 inches long closed and 8.5 inches opened. Thin, large, and lightweight, this excellent knife model has a clip point shape on the blade that is partially serrated for smooth cuts. A groove in the handle can cut belts, line, or cord quickly without engaging the knife blade. A lock-and-release feature secures the knife when it is not in use. a special low-carry, reversible belt clip attaches to clothing and pockets easily. It can be placed with the knife on the inside of pockets to hide the knife. Many people have purchased this product and are highly satisfied judging by their positive online comments. The SOG Trident is a superb pocket knife with many uses and characteristics.
- Grip is similar to a military knife
- Thin, lightweight, and large
- Resistant to peeling and scratches
- Can be opened with just one hand
- Opens fast with the spring-assisted mechanism
- Groove in the handle can cut quickly and efficiently
- Clip is low-carry and reversible
- Ideal for emergencies and everyday carrying
- For tactical use, hunting, camping, hiking, and survival
- The built-in safety mechanism was problematic for some people
- Many did not find the handle cord cutter to be of use to them
- Reviewers are impressed by the sharpness.
- For most it has been a durable and dependable knife.
- Reviewers who have owned various other knives are impressed by this one.
- Out of the box, it is lightweight yet sturdy.
- The handle is textured to allow good grip.
- It's a quick open knife.
- The quality is good for the price.
- The tactical handle blade can cut through twine and string.
- The serrated edge works very well on some materials.
- The spring assist makes it easy to open one-handed.
- It opens smoothly.
- A high level of craftsmanship is apparent in the blade.
- Many reviewers claim this is a great EDC knife.
- It is easy to maintain and sharpen.
- The tactical handle blade does not work well on seat belts.
- The quality of the handle is questioned by some reviewers.
- The handle can feel a bit oversized compared to the blade.
- Several reviewers report issues with blade movement when opened.
- There are mixed reviews on how well it holds an edge.
- There are a few reports of defective parts.
- Some reviewers prefer other SOG models over this one.
- If the blade is not locked and the knife is stored improperly, the blade may open unexpectedly.
- According to some reviewers, the placement of the safety lock is a little awkward depending on how you open the knife.
-Blade has a clip point shape and is partially serrated
-Tough finish of titanium-nitride
-Has a system of lock-and-release
-Blade made of AUS-8 stainless steel
-Belt clip to attach to clothing easily
-Weighs just 3.6 ounces
-8.5 inches long opened; 4.75 inches closed
-Ambidextrous design – good for the left or right hand