Columbia Alpine Escape 550 Omni Heat Jacket
The Columbia Women’s Alpine Escape 550 Down Long Hooded Omni Heat Winter Jacket has several protective warming features to keep the user gloriously toasty warm inside. It is comfortable, waterproof, warm, and fashionable. It is modeled like a trench coat but has a fixed hood with a detachable ruff of faux fur. When the waist belt is cinched, it shows off the beautiful feminine silhouette of the jacket style. To hold in the body heat of the wearer, this excellent jacket has an interior Omni-Heat reflective lining of small silver dots, TurboDown 550-level insulation, and 450-fill power down. The warm insulation is also in a puffed collar that surrounds the neck to defend against the cold, wind, and precipitation. The sleeves have comfort cuffs of ribbed material that help seal out the weather elements also. The waterproof characteristics of the Alpine Escape 550 are waterproof seams and outer shell fabric plus the double front closure. There is a full-frontal double-slider zipper that can be used for venting as well as sealing the jacket closed, in addition to a length of waterproof fabric that closes over the zipper with snaps. This provides a highly protective barrier to moisture, wind, and cold temperatures from entering the garment. The rear length of this Columbia product is longer to aid with protection also. There are also several pockets on the interior and exterior to give you the flexibility you desire in an outer garment. We discuss all of these features and much more in our full review below.
- Has pockets both inside and outside
- Rear of the jacket is longer for protection
- Synthetic fur is foldable and removable
- Hood and belt are both adjustable
- Lightweight and incredibly warm
- Aids with regulating body temperature
- Quilted jacket designed like a trench coat
- Waterproof to keep out sleet, snow, and rain
- Sleeves can be too long on some people
- The cut is straight and not suited for those with full figures
- Buyers like the insulated warmth this coat provides.
- The pockets are thoughtfully placed with warm fleece lining.
- The collar fits nicely against the neck without being restrictive.
- This coat can stand up to freezing temperatures.
- Most reviewers like the fit.
- On snowy and wet days, this coat keeps buyers warm and dry.
- The style is simple and classic. It's a style that will last a long time.
- For the amount of protection it offers, most buyers say that it doesn't feel too heavy while on.
- There are plenty of pockets. The deep pockets make it easy to carry a phone and other necessities without struggle.
- This coat eliminates the need for multiple layers to stay warm.
- The Omni-heat technology helps to hold in heat even for a little time after the coat is taken off.
- There are positive reviews about the rich colors.
- The length adds to the protection.
- A few reviewers say there are easy fixes to the zipper problems that some complain about.
- The fur lining on the hood is removable.
- The most common complaints are about the zipper. Many reviewers say that it is difficult to zip while on because of the length and alignment of the zipper.
- Reviewers under 5'3" say this coat is a little too long for them.
- Some reviewers say this coat isn't protective enough against negative temperatures and severe windchill.
- Feathers can escape through the outside of the coat.
- The fur lining on the hood sheds.
- The shape is not super form fitting. Some say it looks bulky.
- The length restricts leg movement when sitting or getting in and out of a vehicle.
- If you prefer layering, it's important to check sizing. This coat is not designed to be worn over thick layers so it might be necessary to size up.
- Some sizes are sold out.
- The hood is a bit big.
-Security pocket on the inside
-Synthetic fur and comfort cuffs
-Fixed hood and outer belt
-Double-slider central closure zipper
-TurboDown 550-level insulation for warmth
-Lining is Omni-Heat reflective polyester
-Insulation is 450-fill power down
-Has a classic cut that is modern
-Seam-sealed waterproof construction