Bose QuietComfort 35
Listening to your favorite music or watching your favorite streaming service can often be interrupted, leaving you annoyed or without understanding what is going on. Fortunately, for those who are fans of using these types of services from their favorite devices, there are options to help you keep the outside noise at bay while enjoying yourself. Noise canceling headphones have been a staple in society since they first burst on to the scene. Bose, one of the industry’s leaders, has had their finger on the pulse of this market since the beginning. Now, they have taken things a step farther and brought their technology to those who are fans of wireless headphones by introducing the Bose QuietComfort 35.
The QuietComfort 35 is Bose’s first attempt at taking on the world of wireless headphones. These headphones offer not only the quality you would expect from Bose but also great battery life and comfort to allow you the opportunity to take part in your activities without the worry of the outside world busting through. With these headphones, you’ll have the opportunity to use Bluetooth connectivity to go through your day. Whether you decide to take a long walk, quick run, or even go as far as take a hike but want your music to make the journey with you, Bose now has you covered. In this review, we will discuss both the good and the bad of Bose’s QuietComfort 35 headphones to help you decide whether investing in these noise canceling headphones is for you.
- Sharp, clear, sound
- Long battery life
- Amazing noise cancelation
- Easy pairing and use
- Basic app features
- These headphones are a great option for comfortably listening to music, movies, news, and podcasts.
- The design is comfortable and can fit a variety of people.
- The majority of buyers are satisfied with the sound quality.
- Although these are expensive, many reviewers say they are worth the price.
- Buyers like these for travel. They allow them to enjoy what they are listening to without disturbance in noisy areas like airplanes, airports, and subways.
- There is a lot of high praise for the noise cancellation quality.
- The lightweight materials make it easy to forget you are wearing them.
- Bluetooth setup with computers and iPhones is easy and intuitive.
- The option to use these wired or wireless adds convenience and flexibility.
- It's possible to make and receive calls.
- The battery has a long charge life and charges quickly.
- These help keep your music and phone calls private from people around you.
- The case is compact and protective.
- These can be paired with multiple devices.
- The app adds convenience for adjusting noise cancellation levels.
- The bass level is good for music and movies.
- Some buyers say these have increased their productivity at work by helping them stay focused and avoid noise distractions.
- If you are not used to noise cancellation devices, it may take some time to adjust to it.
- Phone calls in noisy areas may be difficult.
- There can be a little static or scratching noise when the outside is rubbed against some soft surfaces such as pillows.
- The aux cable is a unique size so finding a good replacement can take time.
- Sudden loud noises can temporarily pierce through the noise cancellation before the headphones can adjust to it.
- There are reports of the power switch breaking after a year of use.
- The bluetooth connection failing or periodically disconnecting is a common complaint.
- Although rare, there are some negative reviews on phone call sound quality.
- There is no inline mic on the cable.
- Compared to QC 20, these lack a little functionality.
- These cannot be used while they are charging.
- Battery replacement is expensive.
- According to some reviewers, other high-end headphones are made of better materials.
- If you are sensitive to pressure, these may cause a little discomfort.
The QC 35s are also compact. When not in use the QC 35 headphones will fold down into a smaller size that makes carrying them around with you during your daily work or activities much easier. All in all, these headphones may not be overly dramatic when it comes to style, but their design does ensure complete ease of use.
Knowing that wireless technology is practically expected when it comes to headphones, Bose still offers another option when it comes to their QC 35s. Yes, you can easily plug your headphones into your device if you find yourself on a plane where Bluetooth technology is often frowned upon, or if you are in need of a charge for your headphones but aren’t ready to stop listening to your favorite program. Having both options available makes life with the QC 35s quite versatile.
When using the wire option of the QC 35 headphones, you will find the noise-canceling effect and the Bluetooth technology are not accessible. Yes, you’ll still experience the amazing sound quality Bose offers, but you will lose out on some of the extras like sound canceling and equalization. This was something that caused a bit of concern with several reviewers, but others found no issue with it.
Another feature of the Bose QC 35 headphones is the integrated remote located on the right earcup. This allows you to easily adjust your listening volume, taking and ending phone calls, and even controlling payback.
The QC 35 headphones are created to be an advanced piece of technology. One of the ways Bose ensures this quality is by giving these headphones the ability to cancel out ambient noise such as crowd noises, wind, and rain. You’ll also find that you can hear your own voice inside the headset when on a call. This enables you to adjust your voice accordingly and not be one of those people who is constantly yelling when wearing their headphones.
A feature of the Bose QC 35 headphones that we have previously touched on is the fact that they are collapsible. This makes for easy storage which is quite important when it comes to storing away your headphones when not in use. If you are out on a trip or perhaps enjoying activities outdoors like swimming or hiking, you’ll be able to keep your headphones safe and out of the way to maintain their function.
Ease of Use
Another area where the Bose QC 35s excel is calls. Whether you are out on a jog and receive a call you don’t want to miss or need to sit in on a conference call without any interferences, these headphones will keep all the unwanted sounds at bay. You’ll even find they are amazing at keeping ambient noise such as background crowds and wind from disturbing you.