Smith Quantum MIPS Helmet
The Smith Unisex Quantum MIPS Helmet offers wonderful protection when you are in the backcountry. Perfect for skiing and snowboarding, it is the ultimate winter sports helmet that will keep your head safe, dry, and well vented. This is a half-shell helmet with a custom fit because of the included BOA Fit System. It has two sets of vents for increased airflow to keep the head cool and a sweat-wicking lining. The strong hybrid build combines both in-mold construction and an ABS hard shell to give you a comfortable fit that protects the head well. It features MIPS to lessen the severity of an impact at an angle and will remain in place when you are on the go. There are speaker slots to make it audio device compatible and a lightweight goggle clip that is removable. You can manipulate the buckle and strap system of this excellent helmet with just one hand if you desire because of the featured Fidlock and Wayfinder Strap Systems. Included are Bombshell Earpads that can be removed in milder weather when they are not needed for warmth. Several sizes are offered for this incredible helmet, and they can run a bit large. Do not order a size larger to get a good fit because this model will provide you with a custom fit you will love to wear. The durability, flexibility, and protection of this model were the topic of most customer feedback online. Some may hesitate because of the high price, but the satisfaction is quite high among buyers who would make the same purchase again. we will look at these terrific qualities now in depth for a better view of this superb helmet.
- Two sets of vents for better airflow and wicking lining
- Includes a custom fit and honeycomb Aerocore build
- Has a head cradling system and MIPS
- Includes in-mold construction and an ABS hard shell
- Has the magnetic sliding Fidlock
- Stays in place when you are moving
- Easy to use with gloves on
- Bombshell Earpads are removable
- Earpiece zipper may be a bit difficult to close and open
- Some would prefer one solid color rather than the bi-colors offered currently
- I didn't think a helmet could get any better. This is the best helmet ever.
- I actually like this helmet better than the Vantage helmet that I have. Fits differently, more snug. Aside from the fact that it looks badass, it is a great helmet all around.
- This helmet is a bit heavier than what I am used to but feels welcoming. With more weight comes more style and coverage.
- Fits perfectly of my glasses goggles. Great ventilation and very comfortable.
- I find that this helmet is equally as comfortable as the Vantage and on par with other Smith helmets. I do agree that it's a bit heavier but not noticeable and excellent ventilation system.
- For proper head protection, this help provides it. Goes on smoothly and is very comfortable. Incredible ventilation and no hotspots. Top of the line quality, protection, style, and comfort.
- After 10 years I had to retire my Burton Red and replaced it with this helmet. Although heavier it is very comfortable. If I had to complain about something, the ear pads could be improved. My ears were a little red and sore. Great ventilation.
- The Smith Optics MIPS snowmobile helmet is lightweight and strong and will certainly protect the head. Works perfectly with Smith goggles.
- It has a flexible adjustment system which makes it fit perfectly on the head. This is an excellent helmet. Ventilation slots are extremely efficient.
- This is the best and most comfortable helmet. It is protective and warm. Closed vents mean the heat stays in. Love, love this helmet.
- I started wearing a helmet only this year and I am 50 years old. I was torn between losing the free feeling of mountain riding and wearing a helmet. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this helmet wore. Now I won't be on the mountain without this helmet.
- This is a solid helmet. Allows adjustment which makes for a perfect fit. Lightweight. If you want protection without the sacrifice of style and weight this is your helmet.
- Love the fit and feel of this helmet. Top notch features. Very pleased with my purchase.
- Love the helmet so far but it does have a noticeable whistle and rattles on super G turns.
- This is finally a helmet that I will actually wear instead of my wool hat. Super comfortable and great ventilation.
- The fit of this helmet is amazing and the quick release strap awesome. The helmet is secure but not noticeable on. I am sold on this product.
- Built well and not any of the problems associated with older helmets. I am excited to use this helmet.
- I recommended this helmet to a friend after he suffered a head injury because he wasn't wearing a helmet. Love that the new features offer extra safety. Highly recommended.
- This helmet is easy to adjust and very comfortable. Works great with OTG goggles. I have had these for years. Great helmet.
- Inconsistent sizing or Too small
- If you don't mind the bulk and the noise this is a great helmet.
MIPS decreases the seriousness of an impact at an angle
Has the Wayfinder Strap System and magnetic sliding Fidlock
Is the half shell helmet style perfect for all types of winter sports
Stays in place when you are moving and will not shift around
-Easy to put on, take off, and buckle with gloves on
-Bombshell Earpads are removable for milder weather
-Audio device compatible with speaker slots for both ears
-Has two sets of vents for better airflow and circulation
-Includes a custom fit and a head-cradling system
-Has a sweat-wicking lining to keep the moisture away from you
-Features a honeycomb Aerocore build to make it lightweight