The North Face Resolve 2
If you are wearing the North face Resolve 2, you will not have to think twice about wet weather. The construction of the jacket utilizes multiple technologies to provide a durable performing rain jacket that will suit your needs for around town use or hike through the woods. The jacket is designed for cooler temperatures and provides some breathability in warmer weather. The North Face Resolve 2 is designed with comfort in mind when you find yourself in the rain. So if you are heading out the door for your morning run and there is a chance of rain, throw on the Resolve 2. You will remain dry and it provides enough breathability so you will not have to worry about being to warm.
- Dries quickly
- Does not keep you warm in cold temperatures, designed more for a spring and fall jacket
- No pit zip venting for extra air flow
- No velcro strap around the cuff area for tightening to prevent water from coming in the jacket
- The zipper puckers
- Reviewers say this jacket is impressively waterproof and dries quickly.
- The design is simple, yet classic.
- High quality materials and craftsmanship are apparent.
- It's breathable so you won't overheat.
- It works well as a windbreaker, too.
- It lives up to the expectations of fans of TNF.
- It has a relaxed fit so you can comfortably layer it over a fleece or sweater.
- It is versatile enough to work for outdoor activities or wearing to the office on a rainy day.
- The lining on the collar is comfortable.
- It packs down well for travel or storing in a backpack.
- The material doesn't crinkle like some other rain jackets.
- Buyers like using this around town or for running, biking, and hiking.
- Some reviewers like the roll down hood design.
- It's light and won't weigh you down.
- The North Face stands by their products and have helped buyers who had small issues with this jacket after years of use.
- The majority of reviewers recommend this rain jacket.
- The hood is not removable.
- The elastic on the cuffs is too wide for some people, and they are not adjustable.
- The collar is high. The height of it is a deal-breaker for some reviewers.
- This is a good spring or fall rain jacket, but it is too light for cold winter weather and can get too hot in strong summer heat.
- There are some reports that the sizing is inconsistent with other rain jackets.
- There are no internal pockets.
- The hood does not have a drawstring on the back so it affects the range of sight.
- The material is lighter than some buyers expected or wanted.
- The light colors will show some discoloration over time and extensive use.
- Unlike some other TNF jackets, this one is not designed to pack down into its own pocket.
DryVent is a waterproof and breathable membrane. It has breathable and waterproof technology utilizing a polyurethane coating which consists of multi-layer formula for waterproofness, tri-components, durability, and moisture permeability. It has been tested in the field and lab to ensure the most possible function and durability. The outer most material is also treated with durable water repellant (DWR) finish that repels water from the surface and helps form water droplets. Each multi-layered material is designed to allow water vapor to move through from the inside to the outside.
-Mesh lining for breathability
-The adjustable hood which can be stowed in the collar
-The center front zip features a storm flap with velcro
-Secure zip hand pockets which are covered
-The body is constructed of 100% nylon 70 denier DryVent
-The lining is constructed fo 100% polyester mesh with 40 denier
-The sleeves and hood lining is 100% polyester taffeta 75 denier
The Resolve 2 features two zippered hand pockets with flap cover over the zipper. The jacket has a full-length zipper with a storm flap that is secured in place by velcro to ensure the zipper stays protected and you remain dry in the wettest of conditions. Yes, this jacket features a full-size hood because it really wouldn’t be a complete rain jacket without a hood. The hood is adjustable to synch it down to prevent water from entering in by the collar. Another nice design of the hood is the shape, it extends out slightly almost like wearing a hat. This design helps prevent rain from getting in and helps with the drainage of the water by creating an overhang. Around the collar of the jacket is a storing area for the hood when it is not needed. The jacket also features elastic-bound cuffs around the wrist and a hem cord at the bottom of the jacket to keep it in secure to the body.
Another cool feature is you can take the jacket and fold the sides in and roll it up from the bottom to hood. You can then stuff the main body of the jacket into the hood and it’s like a build in stuff pouch. This is a nice feature because it could easily be packed into a hiking bag or suitcase without taking up a large amount of space.
The Resolve 2 provides full mobility and in no way does it constrict movement which makes it a good choice for hikers, backpackers, outdoor workers or just someone looking for a rain jacket. With all the features built into this jacket, it makes it well verse jacket and it can be worn for every day use and just as a rain jacket. The jacket is also a great choice for bikers and runners because it is not heavy, allows breathability and you will remain comfortable the entire time you are wearing it.
A top selling point of The North Face Resolve 2 is that it is water resistance. This jacket is designed for spring, fall and summer weather. It can provide some warmth at colder temperatures but if you will be exposed to colder temperatures you may want to add a mid layer to provide extra comfort.
Also read about lightweight waterproof gloves
The North Face offers a lifetime warranty on all of their products. The warranty is good to the original owner for materials with manufacturing defects in workmanship for the life of the product. The manufacturing defect in which they will replace it at their discretion or repair the product without charge. The warranty does not cover altered or modified products in any way. The warranty also doesn’t cover damage that was caused by normal wear and tear, improper care, the natural breakdown of colors and materials over a long period of time and use or negligence. If there is a product that is damaged and it is not covered under warranty it may be repaired for a fee. Another thing to remember is the product lifetime warranty will only apply to the original owner and for the products lifetime.