Coleman Powerhouse Dual-Fuel Lantern
The Coleman Powerhouse Dual-Fuel Lantern is an ideal choice for campsite meals, reading, or games and is a two-mantle design. This sturdy lantern for outdoor and camping use is constructed of real glass and metal for a durable build that is made to last for years. It lights simply with regular matches and is longer lasting than battery-powered LED lanterns. The Powerhouse has dual-fuel technology which allows you to use unleaded gasoline or Coleman Liquid Fuel to power it. It shines as much as 800 lumens at a maximum distance of 72 feet that is 25% brighter than other similar Coleman lanterns. Coleman lanterns, such as this one, do not use wicks to burn the fuel but use mantles, or socks as some people refer to them. A few come with the purchase of the excellent lantern, and they can be bought separately. use it on low for twenty hours of light or on high for five hours of light with just one pint of fuel. You can achieve the perfect level of brightness with the control knobs once the lantern is lit. carrying or hanging this outstanding item is easy with the bail handle that is attached to it. the powerhouse Lantern will operate in all sorts of weather conditions because of the incorporated All-Season Strong Technology that makes it durable and reliable. Coleman is a trusted name for all sorts of camping accessories but is best known for their dependable lanterns, such as this Powerhouse version. We fully explore the details of the superb features and qualities of this remarkable product in this full review.
- Will operate in all sorts of weather with reliable operation
- Durable fuel tank is a steady base for the lantern
- Made to last with a solid build of real glass and metal
- Hanging and carrying is easy with the bail handle
- The perfect brightness can be obtained with the controls
- Is longer lasting than battery-powered lights
- A sturdy lantern for outdoor and camping use
- Is ideal for campsite meals, reading, or games
- Lights simply with regular matches
- Glass globe will not crack from the heat of the flame
- Comes with a filtering funnel and two string-tie mantles
- Is 25% brighter than other similar Coleman lanterns
- Cannot be brought inside a tent to use or inside a building without super ventilation
- May not be as bright as the older models of this same product
- According to most buyers, this outperforms most other gas and propane lanterns.
- Good for car camping and other outdoor uses.
- Most buyers are impressed by the brightness.
- With proper care, these lanterns are durable and long lasting.
- Coleman sells durable storage cases to fit this lantern.
- The quality and performance live up to the Coleman name.
- It is easy to install new mantles when needed.
- Many buyers agree that this lantern is a good value for the price.
- It provides a pleasant amount of heat for chilly nights.
- It can provide hours of light on a single tank.
- Dual fuel capability adds convenience and a sense of security on longer camping trips.
- There is no need to worry about possible tank freezes that can happen when using propane.
- The light is bright white instead of the yellowish light from some other lanterns.
- Easy to use and care for.
- Many buyers have trusted their Coleman Powerhouse Dual Fuel Lanterns for years.
- Some buyers report that this lantern uses a bit more fuel than some others.
- This lantern does not have push button lighting.
- Several buyers have had issues with lighting their lantern. This may be due to receiving a defective product.
- There are reports of quality control issues from poor storage or packaging resulting in dented or damaged tanks.
- The case is not included. It must be purchased separately.
- Some buyers claim that newer Coleman lanterns do not burn as long or as brightly as older versions.
- Some smell is emitted when using gas.
- Although rare, there are some complaints of underperformance of the included mantles.
- As a gas-burning lantern, some noise can be expected.
- This lantern is too bulky for backpacking.
- This lantern is not intended for indoor use due to the amount of carbon monoxide emitted.
-Has a solid build with a steady base
-Made to last from real glass and metal
-Includes a bail handle for ease in carrying and hanging
-Has perfect brightness with the adjustable knob on the controls
-Is a two-mantle design for brightness and efficiency
-Shines as much as 800 lumens as far as 72 feet in distance
-Comes with a filtering funnel and two #21 string-tie mantles
-Has dual-fuel technology for flexibility in powering
-Uses unleaded gasoline or Coleman Liquid Fuel for the power
-Burns on high for five hours or on low for twenty hours
-Uses mantles that are powered under pressure by gasoline