RAB Women’s Electron Jacket
The Rab Electron Jacket for women is perfect for all types of uses, sports, activities, chores, and tasks outdoors in winter. It is perfect for casual wear and everyday use, as well as climbing, hiking, skiing, travel, expedition, winter camping, touring, alpine, and mountaineering. The regular fit is contoured with a length to the hip, and the highly compressible form weighs only 15.4 ounces. Mae with 20D nylon Pertex Endurance material with a DWR finish, its horizontal baffles are filled with a hydrophobic 800-fill down of European goose. This special treatment for the down keeps it from becoming moist which adds a dryness element to the overall garment. The adjustable hood is compatible for helmets and has a Velcro tab for stability plus a wire brim for protecting the face. Cuffs of stretch-woven elastic close off the wrists to cold, drafts, rain, and snow, and the YKK zippers on the front and pockets are top-notch in quality. There are two exterior handwarmer pockets and one internal security pockets for your valuables. One of the hand pockets doubles as a stuff sack for the entire garment to compress and fold up tightly in a small pack to put in a backpack or clip to your gear. Many women are enjoying the Electron Jacket for the superb protection and many features it offers the wearer.
- Pertex fabric is light, durable, and highly compressible
- Material breathes well to prevent sweat build-up
- Hood is compatible for helmets and adjustable
- Has mini channels and mid-baffles stitched through
- Has a regular fit and is hip length
- Perfect for everyday winter use
- Good for travel, camping, casual, and mountaineering
- Used for are alpine touring, climbing, alpine expedition
- Packs into one of the pockets that is a stuff sack
- Cuffs have elastic to keep out snow and drafts
- Even though the fit is regular, some women found it tight in the hips
- Pockets were not very deep for a few people
- This jacket is durable enough to handle hiking, camping, skiing, and other outdoor activities.
- It is warm and helps regulate body temperature well.
- Despite the warmth, it isn't excessively bulky or heavy.
- The shapeable wire on the the brim makes it easy to adjust.
- It packs down well and comes with its own stuff sack.
- Reviewers are impressed by the quality.
- There is a nice amount of stretch to allow for comfortable layering and movement.
- The hood easily fits over a helmet and provides a lot of warmth.
- The wrist openings are soft and snug.
- A drawcord helps adjust the shape and fit.
- The design and cut are flattering.
- There is a velcro tab on the collar that allows you to secure the hood.
- The length provides extra warmth and protection.
- It lives up to RAB quality standards.
- The material is breathable.
- The sizing proportions don't work for every body type. Some reviewers say it is too narrow at the hips.
- The outside pockets won't hold things securely unless zipped closed.
- The inside pocket is small.
- It is not designed to pack into its own pocket like some other jackets.
- If you are above average height it may be difficult to find a size that fits well.
- There are mixed reviews on if the fit runs true to size.
- The zippers are not reinforced which may lead to breakage over time and use.
- The pockets are not lined.
-20D nylon Pertex Endurance material
-Lining of nylon ripstop; DWR finish
-2 external and 1 interior pocket with YKK zippers
-Hood has a Velcro tab and wire brim
-Insulation is 800-fill down of European goose
-Hydrophobic treatment on the goose down
-Total weight is 15.4 ounces
-Zippers are YKK high-quality
-Cuffs are stretch woven elasticated