The North Face Freedom Insulated Pant
With strategic venting on the inner thighs, a Chimney Venting System, and a two-layer DryVent outer shell, The North Face Men’s Freedom Insulated Pants permit free movement and are best for extreme cold weather conditions. They are waterproof, insulated, and warm with a great fit that will accommodate layers underneath for additional warmth and body heat retention. Made of 100% woven nylon DryVent fabric, they are treated with a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) to ensure the most outstanding protection for you and your clothes from the winter weather elements. This excellent coating gives you the best windproof and waterproof pants that have a full seal against any outdoor environment you encounter. They were created for the winter sports of skiing and snowboarding but can be used for any winter outdoor chore, duty, or activity that requires an insulated pant or one that will permit layering underneath. You will think these are a bit baggy at first if you are unfamiliar with this type of pant. However, when you realize the protective potential and the layering possibilities that you have, you will love and come to depend on these excellent pants. They are terrific used alone and permit you the free range of movement that you desire even with layers underneath. The flexibility and comfort are increased with the durable belt loops, adjustable waist tabs, cargo pockets, and hand pockets that make this item remarkable. Velcro straps are used on the waist tabs and the cargo pockets, and the hand pockets have sturdy zippers. These features all come together to give you the most comfortable, breathable, flexible, waterproof, windproof, warm pants you have ever experienced. We will now take a look at these features in greater detail.
- Includes vents on the inner thighs
- Are waterproof, insulated, warm and comfortable
- Permits free movement and body motion
- Best for extreme cold weather
- Has a DryVent two-layer shell treated with DWR
- Has cargo pockets and hand pockets
- Sizes run large and might be seen as a bit baggy
- Pants may be too long for some users
- The vast majority of reviewers are impressed by the warmth and protection these pants provide.
- These are reasonably priced for warm winter pants that work for a variety of activities.
- The relaxed fit doesn't restrict movement.
- Kick patches add to the durability.
- The vents are convenient and easily opened and closed depending on how much warmth you need.
- Reviewers like being able to fine-tune the waist to get the best fit.
- There are no complaints about the waterproofing. These pants will keep you dry in snowy and wet conditions.
- Although these have a relaxed fit, most buyers say they aren't overly bulky.
- The pants are made of high quality material and well-constructed seams.
- There are plenty of pockets.
- The gaiters work well to keep snow out of your boots.
- Durability complaints are very rare.
- Reviewers are pleased with how these perform during snowboarding, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and snow shoveling.
- A variety of lengths are available.
- These pants offer a lot of protection on windy days.
- The fit allows room to comfortably wear a thin underlayer for extra warmth.
- If you prefer slim fitted pants, then these will feel too baggy.
- These are insulated for cold weather and can get too warm during early spring days on the slopes.
- Some note that these are a little heavy compared to other insulated winter pants.
- The gray is darker than some online photos show.
- Several buyers had trouble finding the right fit. Some online sizing charts for these pants seem to be inaccurate.
- The ankles are cut wide.
- There are complaints of bad customer service experiences with The North Face concerning these pants.
- Although rare, there are a few quality control complaints from reviewers concerning the buttons and zippers.
- Reviewers claim these could be improved if the elastic on the gaitors was a bit more snug.
- Not all colors are offered from every seller.
Includes durable belt loops and waist tabs with Velcro straps for easy access
Permits free movement of range for activities, sports, and chores outdoors
-Insulated, waterproof, windproof, breathable, and warm
-Best insulation and layering abilities for extreme cold weather
-A good fit with layers because they can be a bit baggy and roomy
-Cargo pockets are fastened with Velcro straps for easy access
-Hand pockets are secured with zippers to keep small items secure
-Has a two-layer DryVent two-layer shell to be breathable and waterproof
-Treated with a durable water repellent for durability and protection